How To Get An Audible Credit
Published: January 7, 2024
Learn how to get an Audible credit in your finance journey. Discover tips and tricks to maximize your savings and enjoy your favorite audiobooks.
(Many of the links in this article redirect to a specific reviewed product. Your purchase of these products through affiliate links helps to generate commission for LiveWell, at no extra cost. Learn more)
Table of Contents
Welcome to the world of Audible, where you can immerse yourself in a vast library of audiobooks and explore the world of literature, all through the convenience of your smartphone or tablet. But did you know that Audible offers a unique feature called Audible Credits? These credits provide you with the opportunity to obtain audiobooks at a discounted price or even for free, allowing you to enjoy your favorite titles without breaking the bank.
In this article, we will delve into the world of Audible Credits, how they work, and how you can make the most of them. Whether you’re an avid reader looking to expand your literary horizons or a busy individual seeking a way to enjoy books on the go, Audible Credits can be a fantastic resource to enhance your reading experience.
So, sit back, relax, and join us as we take a deeper dive into the world of Audible Credits. From signing up for Audible to understanding how to use your credits effectively, we’ll guide you every step of the way. Let’s get started!
What is Audible?
Audible is the world’s largest provider of premium digital spoken audio content, offering a wide range of audiobooks, podcasts, and original content to millions of users worldwide. With Audible, you can access an extensive collection of titles across various genres, including fiction, non-fiction, self-help, business, and more.
What sets Audible apart from traditional audio offerings is its vast selection and convenience. You can listen to your favorite books anytime, anywhere, on your preferred device. Whether you’re commuting, exercising, or simply relaxing at home, Audible provides a seamless listening experience that fits effortlessly into your daily routine. Plus, with the ability to listen across multiple devices and the option to sync your progress, you can easily switch between devices without losing your place.
Audible offers a subscription-based service that provides members with a monthly credit. These credits can be used to exchange for any audiobook of your choice from Audible’s expansive catalog. Additionally, Audible members enjoy numerous benefits, such as exclusive discounts, member-only sales, and access to Audible Originals – original, high-quality audio content created specifically for Audible members.
With thousands of audiobooks to choose from, Audible caters to every interest and preference. Whether you’re looking for a thrilling mystery, a captivating romance, an informative self-help guide, or even educational content for your children, Audible has it all. And with the ability to curate personal libraries, create customized playlists, and access recommendations based on your reading history, you’ll never run out of exciting titles to explore.
But Audible is more than just a platform for audiobooks. It has become a community of like-minded book lovers, allowing you to connect with fellow readers, join book clubs, and participate in engaging discussions. Audible also offers various features, such as adjustable narration speed and bookmarking, making it easy to tailor your listening experience to suit your preferences.
Now that you have a better understanding of Audible’s vast library and its unique offerings, let’s explore how Audible Credits work and how you can maximize their benefits.
How Audible Credits Work
Audible Credits are a currency of sorts within the Audible ecosystem that allow you to purchase audiobooks from their extensive library. Each month, Audible members receive a specific number of credits based on their subscription plan. These credits can be used to obtain audiobooks, regardless of their listed price, ensuring that you can access the most sought-after titles without breaking the bank.
One of the significant advantages of Audible Credits is their flexibility. Unlike other platforms where you are restricted to a predetermined selection of audiobooks, Audible Credits can be redeemed for any audiobook in their catalog. This means that you have the freedom to choose from thousands of titles, spanning various genres and interests.
When you sign up for an Audible membership, you receive credits on a monthly basis. The number of credits you receive depends on the membership plan you choose. For example, with Audible’s most popular plan, you receive one credit per month. However, Audible also offers plans with additional credits, allowing you to access even more audiobooks each month.
It’s important to note that these credits do have an expiration date. In most cases, Audible Credits expire after one year, so it’s essential to use them before they expire to make the most out of your membership. To keep track of your credits and their expiration dates, you can navigate to your Audible account and access the “Credits” section, which provides a clear overview of your available credits and their expiration dates.
Once you have credits in your account, you can start browsing Audible’s vast collection to find your next audiobook. Each audiobook has a credit value assigned to it, allowing you to easily determine which titles you can redeem with your available credits. Simply add the audiobook to your cart and proceed to checkout. During the checkout process, you will be given the option to use your credits, and if you have enough, you can redeem them instantly.
If you come across a book that exceeds the number of credits you have available, don’t worry! Audible also offers the option to purchase additional credits at a discounted rate. This allows you to acquire more audiobooks at a lower price, ensuring that you never miss out on the book you’re eager to listen to.
Audible Credits can also be used to preorder upcoming releases. This means that you can secure highly anticipated titles in advance, guaranteeing that you’ll have access to them as soon as they become available.
Now that you understand how Audible Credits work, let’s walk through the steps to sign up for Audible and start enjoying these benefits.
Step 1: Sign Up for Audible
Signing up for Audible is quick and easy. Here’s a step-by-step guide to get you started:
- Visit the Audible website or download the Audible app on your smartphone or tablet.
- Click on the “Sign In” or “Sign Up” button, depending on whether you already have an account or need to create one.
- If you have an Amazon account, you can simply sign in with your Amazon credentials. If not, select the “Create your Audible account” option.
- Fill in the required information, such as your name, email address, and password, to create your Audible account.
- Once you have created your account, you will be prompted to choose a membership plan. Audible offers various subscription options, so select the plan that best suits your needs.
- Provide the necessary payment information to complete your subscription. Audible accepts major credit cards and also supports payment through Amazon Pay.
- Review your subscription details and ensure everything is accurate. Once you’re satisfied, click on the “Start your membership” or “Join Audible” button to finalize the process.
Congratulations! You are now a member of Audible and can start enjoying all the benefits that come with it. Remember, as a new member, you will also receive your first Audible credit, which you can use to get your first audiobook.
Keep in mind that Audible offers a free trial period, typically lasting 30 days, during which you can explore their vast collection of audiobooks and exclusive content. If you’re unsure about committing to a subscription, the free trial is an excellent opportunity to try out Audible and see if it is the right fit for you.
Now that you’re signed up for Audible, let’s move on to the next step and explore the available membership plans.
Step 2: Choose a Membership Plan
Once you have signed up for Audible, the next step is to choose a membership plan that suits your reading preferences and budget. Audible offers different plans, each with its own set of benefits and features. Here’s a breakdown of the available options:
- Gold Monthly Membership: This is the most popular membership plan, where you receive one credit per month. With this plan, you have the flexibility to redeem your credit for any audiobook in Audible’s extensive library. In addition to the credit, you also enjoy other member benefits, such as exclusive discounts and access to Audible Originals.
- Gold Annual Membership: If you’re an avid audiobook listener and prefer to save money in the long run, the Gold Annual Membership might be the perfect choice for you. With this plan, you pay an upfront fee for a year’s worth of credits, allowing you to enjoy substantial savings compared to the monthly membership.
- Platinum Monthly Membership: If you find yourself craving more audiobooks each month, the Platinum Monthly Membership is worth considering. With this plan, you receive two credits per month, doubling your access to Audible’s vast collection of titles.
- Platinum Annual Membership: Similar to the Gold Annual Membership, the Platinum Annual Membership offers substantial savings for audiobook enthusiasts who want to enjoy a higher quantity of titles. With this plan, you pay an upfront fee for a year’s worth of two credits per month.
- Audible Escape Subscription: If you love indulging in romance novels, Audible Escape might be the perfect addition to your Audible membership. This subscription, available as an add-on to your Audible membership, provides unlimited access to a curated selection of romantic audiobooks and stories.
These are the primary membership plans offered by Audible, but they may vary based on your location and any promotional offers available at the time of sign-up. It’s important to take the time to research and assess your reading habits to determine which plan will provide the best value for you.
Remember, regardless of the membership plan you choose, you will continue to receive your monthly credits, allowing you to build an extensive library of audiobooks that you can enjoy at your own pace.
Now that you have selected a membership plan, let’s move on to the next step and learn how to use your Audible credits effectively.
Step 3: Using Your Audible Credit
Now that you have signed up for Audible and chosen a membership plan, it’s time to explore how to use your precious Audible credit to obtain the audiobooks you’ve been itching to listen to. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to make the most of your Audible credit:
- Visit the Audible website or open the Audible app on your device.
- Browse through Audible’s extensive collection to find the audiobook you want to redeem with your credit. You can search by title, author, genre, or even explore curated lists and recommendations to discover new titles.
- Once you have found the audiobook you want, click on its cover or title to access the book’s details page. Here, you will find information about the book, including its length, narrator, and a sample to preview the narration.
- On the book’s details page, you will see a “Buy Now with 1 Credit” button. Click on this button to redeem your Audible credit for the audiobook. If you have more credits available, you can also choose the option to use multiple credits.
- After redeeming your credit, the audiobook will be added to your Audible library. You can access it instantly through the Audible app on your device.
- Start listening to your newly acquired audiobook and enjoy the immersive experience of a professionally narrated story. You can adjust the playback speed, set bookmarks, and even take notes as you listen.
- Repeat this process each month when you receive a new credit. You can use your credits to obtain any audiobook of your choice, regardless of its price. Explore different genres, discover new authors, and expand your literary horizons.
Using your Audible credit is a seamless process that allows you to enjoy your favorite books without any additional cost. One credit equals one audiobook, regardless of its retail price, giving you incredible value for your membership.
Remember, if you ever feel like you want more audiobooks than your monthly credit allows, Audible offers the option to purchase additional audiobooks at a discounted price. This allows you to build or complete series, explore new authors, and satisfy your bookworm cravings even further.
Now that you know how to use your Audible credit effectively, let’s address some common questions about Audible Credits in our next section.
Step 4: FAQ about Audible Credits
As you navigate the world of Audible and make use of your Audible credits, you may come across some questions or uncertainties. Here are some frequently asked questions about Audible credits to help you out:
- How long do Audible credits last?
Audible credits typically have an expiration period of one year. It’s important to keep track of the expiration date of your credits to ensure you don’t lose out on using them to obtain your desired audiobooks.
- Can I keep my Audible credits if I cancel my membership?
Yes, any unused Audible credits you have will remain in your account even if you cancel your membership. You will still be able to access and use these credits to obtain audiobooks.
- Can I purchase additional Audible credits?
Audible offers the option to purchase additional credits at a discounted rate. This allows you to acquire more audiobooks even if you’ve used up all your monthly credits or want to grab an extra title that catches your interest.
- Can I share my Audible credits with others?
Unfortunately, Audible credits are non-transferable and can only be used within your own account. However, you can gift individual audiobooks to others using Audible’s “Send this Book” feature.
- What happens if I don’t use my Audible credits?
If you don’t use your Audible credits before they expire, they will be removed from your account. It’s recommended to make the most of your credits by redeeming them for audiobooks you’re excited to listen to before their expiration date.
- Can I use Audible credits to purchase audiobooks that cost more than one credit?
Absolutely! If you come across an audiobook that requires more than one credit, you can choose to use your available credits and pay the difference for the remaining credits needed to obtain the audiobook at a discounted price.
- Can I use Audible credits to preorder upcoming releases?
Yes, Audible allows you to use your credits to preorder audiobooks that haven’t been released yet. This ensures that you’ll have access to the hotly anticipated titles as soon as they become available.
These are just a few of the common questions and answers about Audible credits. If you have any other inquiries or need further assistance, Audible’s customer support team is always available to help.
Now that you have a better understanding of Audible credits and how to make the most of them, you can embark on your audiobook journey with confidence and excitement.
Audible Credits provide a fantastic way to access and enjoy audiobooks from Audible’s extensive library. With the flexibility to choose from thousands of titles across various genres, Audible offers a convenient and immersive way to indulge in literature. Whether you’re a dedicated book lover or a busy individual looking to make the most of your commutes or downtime, Audible Credits offer an affordable and accessible solution.
In this article, we have explored the process of signing up for Audible, selecting a membership plan, and using your Audible credits wisely. We’ve covered the basics of Audible, including how Audible credits work, how to redeem them for audiobooks, and how to navigate some common questions and issues that may arise.
By taking advantage of your Audible membership and making use of your monthly credits, you can build an impressive library of audiobooks and unlock a world of captivating stories, educational content, and personal development resources. Whether you’re listening to a best-selling novel, learning a new skill, or exploring a non-fiction masterpiece, Audible ensures that you can embark on literary adventures at your convenience.
So, embrace the power of Audible and make the most of your Audible credits. Immerse yourself in captivating narrations, expand your knowledge, and ignite your imagination. Whether you’re on a road trip, at the gym, or simply relaxing at home, Audible is your gateway to a world of literary wonders.
Now, it’s time to put your newfound knowledge into action. Sign up for Audible, choose your membership plan, and start exploring the vast collection of audiobooks that await you. Happy listening!