How Do I Use My Jetblue Travel Credit
Published: January 10, 2024
Learn how to effectively utilize your JetBlue travel credit and maximize your financial savings. Discover tips and tricks to make the most of your finance and get the best value from your travel credit.
(Many of the links in this article redirect to a specific reviewed product. Your purchase of these products through affiliate links helps to generate commission for LiveWell, at no extra cost. Learn more)
Table of Contents
Welcome to the world of JetBlue travel credits! If you have recently flown with JetBlue or have had a flight cancellation or change, you may have received a travel credit to use towards your future bookings. JetBlue travel credits are a convenient way to save money on your next holiday, and in this article, we will guide you on how to make the most of them.
JetBlue is known for its exceptional customer service and affordable fares, and their travel credit system is just another way they strive to make your travel experience enjoyable. Whether you received your travel credit due to a flight delay, cancellation, or even as a gesture of goodwill, it can be a fantastic opportunity to explore new destinations or revisit your favorite ones.
In this guide, we will walk you through the process of checking your JetBlue travel credit balance, how to apply it to your bookings, and any limitations and restrictions you may encounter along the way. We will also provide tips on managing and transferring your JetBlue travel credits, ensuring that you get the most value from them.
So, if you’re ready to start saving on your next JetBlue adventure, let’s dive in and learn more about using JetBlue travel credits!
Understanding JetBlue Travel Credits
JetBlue travel credits are essentially monetary vouchers that can be used towards the purchase of future flights on JetBlue Airways. These credits are typically issued when you experience a flight disruption or cancellation, such as a delay caused by weather conditions or a mechanical issue.
The value of your JetBlue travel credit is determined by the amount paid for the original flight that was affected. For example, if you paid $300 for a flight and it was canceled, you would receive a travel credit for the same amount. It’s important to note that JetBlue travel credits are non-transferable and can only be used by the passenger whose name is associated with the original booking.
JetBlue travel credits have a validity period, typically ranging from 12 to 24 months from the date they are issued. It’s crucial to keep track of the expiration date to ensure you use the credit before it becomes invalid. If you don’t use the entire credit in one booking, the remaining balance will be saved for future use.
One great feature of JetBlue travel credits is that they can be used not only for flights but also for the payment of taxes and fees associated with your booking. This means that you can apply your credit towards the total cost of your ticket, making it a convenient and flexible option for travel.
It’s worth noting that JetBlue travel credits cannot be redeemed for cash. They can only be used to purchase JetBlue flights directly through the airline’s website or call center. Additionally, JetBlue travel credits are not eligible for use on partner airlines or codeshare flights.
Now that you have a clear understanding of what JetBlue travel credits are, let’s move on to how you can check your credit balance and apply it to your bookings.
How to Check Your JetBlue Travel Credit Balance
Checking your JetBlue travel credit balance is a straightforward process that can be done online or through the JetBlue mobile app. Here’s a step-by-step guide to help you know exactly how much credit you have:
- Visit the JetBlue website or download the JetBlue mobile app from your device’s app store.
- If you’re using the website, navigate to the “Manage Trips” section. If you’re using the mobile app, tap on the “Trips” tab.
- Enter your booking details, such as your confirmation code and last name, to access your reservation.
- Once you’re on the trip details page, look for the “Travel Credit” section or tab.
- Click or tap on the “Travel Credit” section to view your current travel credit balance.
Upon accessing your travel credit balance, you’ll be able to see the amount of credit available for future use, as well as its expiration date. This will give you a clear picture of how much credit you have and how long you have to use it.
If you encounter any issues or have difficulty accessing your travel credit balance, you can contact JetBlue’s customer support for assistance. They will be able to provide you with the necessary information and help resolve any concerns you may have.
Remember to check your travel credit balance periodically, especially if you have upcoming travel plans. This will ensure that you are aware of the credit you can apply towards your bookings and that you don’t miss out on any opportunities to save money on your flights.
Now that you know how to check your JetBlue travel credit balance, let’s move on to the next step: applying your credit to a booking.
Applying JetBlue Travel Credits to a Booking
Once you have determined the amount of JetBlue travel credit you have available, the next step is to apply it towards a new booking. Here’s a simple guide to help you make use of your travel credits:
- Start by visiting the JetBlue website or opening the JetBlue mobile app.
- Enter your travel details, including your desired departure and destination cities, as well as your preferred travel dates.
- On the payment page, look for the option to apply travel credits or vouchers. This may be labeled as “Apply Travel Credit” or a similar phrase.
- Click or tap on the option to apply travel credits. You may be asked to enter your travel credit details, such as the confirmation code and the passenger’s last name.
- Once you have entered the required information, the system will deduct the value of your travel credits from the total cost of your booking.
- Review the final payment details to ensure that the correct amount of travel credits has been applied.
- Complete the booking process by providing any additional information and confirming your reservation.
It’s important to note that JetBlue travel credits can only be applied to new bookings and cannot be used to cover the cost of existing reservations. Additionally, if the cost of your new booking exceeds the value of your travel credits, you will be responsible for paying the difference.
Remember to check the terms and conditions associated with your travel credits, including any restrictions or blackout dates that may apply. This will ensure a smooth booking process and help you make the most of your available travel credits.
Now that you know how to apply your JetBlue travel credits to a new booking, let’s take a look at any restrictions or exclusions you should be aware of.
Restrictions and Exclusions for JetBlue Travel Credits
While JetBlue travel credits offer a convenient way to save on future flights, it’s important to be aware of the restrictions and exclusions that may apply. Here are some key points to keep in mind:
- Travel credits are non-transferable and can only be used by the passenger whose name is associated with the original booking. You cannot transfer your credits to another person.
- JetBlue travel credits cannot be redeemed for cash and have no cash value.
- Travel credits can only be used for payment towards new bookings made directly through JetBlue’s website or call center.
- JetBlue travel credits cannot be used for the payment of taxes and fees associated with award travel bookings or partner airline flights.
- Travel credits are subject to availability and may not be available for use during peak travel periods or on certain flights.
- Expired travel credits are no longer valid and cannot be reinstated or used for future bookings.
- If the value of your travel credit exceeds the cost of your new booking, the remaining balance will be saved for future use, as long as it is within the validity period.
- Travel credits cannot be combined with other forms of payment. You must use your credits in full for a single booking.
It’s important to carefully read and understand the terms and conditions associated with your JetBlue travel credits to ensure that you can make the most of them. If you have any questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to reach out to JetBlue’s customer support for clarification.
Now that you’re familiar with the restrictions and exclusions, let’s move on to the next topic: managing and transferring your JetBlue travel credits.
Managing and Transferring JetBlue Travel Credits
Managing your JetBlue travel credits is a breeze with the various tools and options provided by JetBlue. Here are some important points to keep in mind when it comes to managing and transferring your travel credits:
- To ensure you don’t lose track of your travel credits, it is essential to stay organized. Keep a record of your travel credit details, including the confirmation code and expiration date.
- If you have multiple travel credits, you can easily view and manage them all in one place by logging into your JetBlue account on the website or mobile app.
- In the event that you don’t have an immediate use for your travel credits, you can hold onto them for a future booking. As long as your credits are within their validity period, they will remain available for use.
- If you have friends or family members who are planning to travel, you can transfer your JetBlue travel credits to them. However, please note that there may be additional fees or restrictions associated with the transfer process, so it’s best to check with JetBlue for the most up-to-date information.
- When transferring your travel credits, ensure that the recipient is aware of the expiration date. Once transferred, the credits will follow the expiration timeline associated with the original issuance date.
- JetBlue also provides the option to convert your travel credits into TrueBlue points, the airline’s loyalty program. This can be a great way to maximize the value of your credits and enjoy additional benefits.
Remember to regularly monitor your travel credit balance and keep an eye on any upcoming expiration dates. By effectively managing your travel credits, you can make the most of your savings and enjoy a hassle-free travel experience with JetBlue.
Now that we’ve covered managing and transferring your JetBlue travel credits, let’s address some frequently asked questions to provide further clarity.
Frequently Asked Questions about JetBlue Travel Credits
Here are some common questions that travelers often have about JetBlue travel credits:
1. How long are JetBlue travel credits valid for?
JetBlue travel credits are typically valid for 12 to 24 months from the date they are issued. The expiration date can vary, so it’s important to check the details of your specific travel credit.
2. Can I use my JetBlue travel credits for flights to any destination?
Yes, JetBlue travel credits can be used for any JetBlue flight, as long as it is operated by JetBlue Airways and not a partner airline or codeshare flight.
3. Can I combine multiple JetBlue travel credits for a single booking?
Yes, if you have multiple travel credits, you can combine them to use towards a single booking. Simply enter the details of each travel credit when prompted during the booking process.
4. Can I redeem my JetBlue travel credits for cash?
No, JetBlue travel credits cannot be redeemed for cash. They can only be used towards the purchase of future flights on JetBlue Airways.
5. Can I transfer my JetBlue travel credits to another person?
Yes, JetBlue allows you to transfer your travel credits to another person. However, there may be fees or restrictions associated with the transfer process, so it’s best to contact JetBlue for more information.
6. Can I use my JetBlue travel credits for extra services or upgrades?
No, JetBlue travel credits can only be used for the payment of flights, including the base fare and taxes/fees. They cannot be used for extras such as seat upgrades or baggage fees.
7. What happens if the cost of my new booking is less than the value of my travel credits?
If the cost of your new booking is less than the value of your travel credits, the remaining balance will be saved and can be used for future bookings within the validity period.
If you have any other questions or concerns about JetBlue travel credits, it’s best to contact JetBlue’s customer support. They will be happy to assist you and provide the most accurate and up-to-date information.
Now that we have addressed the frequently asked questions, let’s wrap up this guide on using JetBlue travel credits.
JetBlue travel credits are a valuable asset that can save you money on future flights with the airline. Whether you received them due to a flight disruption or as a gesture of goodwill, knowing how to effectively use and manage your travel credits is essential.
In this guide, we have covered the basics of understanding JetBlue travel credits, including how to check your credit balance and apply the credits to a booking. We have also discussed the restrictions and exclusions that may apply, as well as provided guidance on managing and transferring your travel credits.
Remember to keep track of your travel credit details, including the expiration date, to ensure that you use them before they expire. Stay organized and regularly check your credit balance so that you are aware of the credit available to you for future trips.
If you have friends or family members who are planning to fly with JetBlue, consider transferring your travel credits to them, but keep in mind that additional fees or restrictions may apply. Alternatively, you can convert your travel credits into TrueBlue points, giving you an opportunity to enjoy more benefits and rewards.
Lastly, don’t hesitate to reach out to JetBlue’s customer support for any questions or concerns you may have regarding your travel credits. They are there to assist you and ensure a smooth and enjoyable travel experience.
So, whether you’re planning a weekend getaway or a long-awaited vacation, make the most of your JetBlue travel credits and embark on your next adventure with savings in hand. Happy travels!